Things to Do and Places to Go
Before going Abroad
- Make academic agreements with your home co-ordinator if you have not already done this (about courses, credit transfer, etc.)
- Stays shorter than 3 months: Non-EU/EEA citizens: Apply for visa
- Stays longer than 3 months: Non-EU/EEA citizens: Apply for and obtain a residence permit before going to Denmark
- Take out insurance (health, theft, liability, and travel/luggage insurance)
- EU/EEA citizens bring along the blue European health insurance card
- Nordic citizens: bring along the internordic moving certificate “internordisk flyttebevis”, if you stay longer than six months
- Degree students only: hand in "Gudelines and conditions for international students”
- If you are an EU/EEA citizen, apply for residence permit at Statsforvaltningen Syddanmark.
- When you have received your residence permit, go to the National Register (Folkeregistret) to be registered and receive the Danish central registration number (cpr. no.), provided your stay exceeds three months (special rules for Nordic citizens apply). Remember to bring your passport and residence permit.
- Pay deposit and rent for the first month.
- Sign your tenancy agreement and hand it in.
- Degree students only: If you have not received your Welcome Envelope yet, please pick it up at the Accommodation Office.
Before Going Home
Your housing: Make sure to give notice in time. For more information, check information on giving notice