The head of the PhD School at the Faculty of Science is
Associate Dean Claus Michelsen
The Dean of the Faculty of Science appoints the Head of the PhD School for a period of three years.
The Head of the PhD School refers to the Dean.
The Head of the PhD School
- Has the overall responsibility for the activities of the PhD school.
- Has the responsibility to include the PhD Committee in the
- quality assessment and
- evaluation of the PhD Programme
- Establishes internal guidelines and rules for the PhD School, including completion of PhD training and supervision according to the recommendations of the PhD Committee and approval by the Dean
- Designates principal supervisor according to the recommendation of the Head of Department
- Approves enrolment of PhD students on the recommendation of the relevant study committee acting on behalf of faculty of the PhD Committee, cp the University Act, paragraph 16B (4)
Furthermore, the Head of the PhD School conducts all oral regular assessments with the PhD students.