The Professional Master of Journalism is a journalistic study programme which enables you to handle journalistic tasks, particularly printed media and web media.
Once you graduate, you are able to:
- Find and develop ideas for various genres of journalistic articles for the two main platforms; printed media and web media
- Conduct thorough research and relate material correctly, precisely and in an interesting fashion in terms of chosen media and target groups
- Ask questions that generate good answers.
- Coach, give constructive feedback and analyze journalistic products produced by others as well as by yourself.
And you have developed the skills to successfully:
- Assess the news value of a given story.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of different media platforms.
- Make ethical choices.
- Know the legislation and ethical guidelines necessary to practice journalism, and act within this framework
- Select and assess the quality of various sources.
- Relate critically to sources and methods.
- Understand the interaction between journalism and society and the current problems of news coverage.