Please notice – the language of instruction of Professional Master of Journalism is Danish. There is no English language version of this programme.
Journalism for communicators
The Professional Master of Journalism programme combines the best of the realms of journalism and academia which gives you a practical introduction to journalistic methods and genres.
The programme enables you to:
- Gain experience with working with journalistic methods and communication
- Gain insight into the concept of news
- Develop the skills necessary to make ethical decisions
- Become familiar with media legislation
- Understand the role of the media in society
You will also become acquainted with tools that may help you reflect on your own practice. This occurs through insight into the latest research within:
- the history of journalism
- the journalistic concept of ethics
- journalistic legislation and practice
- social science method
- source criticism
- the current role of the media
Who is the target group of the programme?
The programme has been designed to suit people who are working with media and communication without being journalists.
Many private and public employees are working with journalism, communication and knowledge presentation at different levels without having a journalistic education. There is an obvious need for the professional insight and special knowledge of these people.
If you are one of them, a Professional Master of Journalism will enhance your qualifications, enabling you to work with more complicated journalistic tasks. You will also gain a considerable knowledge of the role and work processes of the media.
The programme was accredited by the Danish Accreditation Council in 2007. The accreditation report can be read on ACE Denmark's homepage. See the report here.