You will be attending a research-based management programme, which aims at giving you the skills to manage and participate in projects which:
- Identify and describe the position of a department in relation to the regional health authorities,
- Accounts for the resources and capacities of a department, and sets up objectives and plans a realistic strategy with related measurable indicators for a department,
- Analyses, estimates and discusses the overall patient care, including the interplay with the municipalities' fields of responsibility,
- Explains and applies planning tools in the daily operation of a department with consideration for resources and optimal patient care, including rosters and plans for doctors and nurses, and preparedness for urgent patients and booking of elective patients,
- Explains and applies management and control systems that are relevant for the department, including budgets, accounts and incentive control,
- Analyses, discusses and assesses frequent implementation problems,
- Designs, controls and implements monitoring and evaluation tasks,
- Analyses and rates the department's contracts with the administration, with consideration for the resources available.
Simultaneously, you develop general skills enabling you to:
- Think and work systematically with an openness for alternative solutions,
- Show flexibility when it comes to acquiring new knowledge,
- Show analytical sense and the ability to grasp new situations and new information as well as the ability to explain relevant problems and proposed solutions,
- Work on a systematic and evidence-based foundation.